How to Get Your Life Together | Adulting vs Growing Up
Are you crumbling under the weight of #adulting? Trying to figure out how to get your life together? I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel like I was fully prepared for the burden of being an adult.
Let’s talk about what it means to be an adult, what it means to be a grown-up and the difference between the two!
Getting Life Together Motivational Video
In my newest live video, I share why the difference between adulting and growing up matters so much, and how to work on getting life together so we can get you to where you are supposed to be.
Get Your Life Together with THE UNSTUCK WORKSHOP
If you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed and worried… It’s time to get your life together and hack your mindset.
In this *FREE* session I’ll show you how to flip these five common thoughts into Zen Ninja Mindsets that will serve your highest wellbeing, right now.
Warning: After implementing what you learn in this live session, you’ll be so chill people might wonder what you’re smoking.
What Does it Mean to be an Adult?
Here’s how I see it. Adults have their lives in order. And while a person can have their life in order, they can still act childish and immature. These people aren’t yet grown ups. They haven’t grown up. There is a big difference between adults and grown-ups.
Adults vs Grown Ups
The stark difference I want to outline here is:
Adults have their lives in order.
Grown-ups have themselves in order.
What Does Growing Up Entail?
Growing up entails emotional order, psychological order, and spiritual order. I’ll explain what I mean by that.
- Grown-ups have their emotional life in order and are able to self-regulate. Which really, is the hallmark of maturity in the face of something triggering. Grown-ups are able to manage their emotions and keep their emotions in check.
- Grown-ups have their psychological life in order. Many of us live with anxiety, fear, worry, and negative thoughts. While incredibly difficult, it’s imperative to transform our psychological and cognitive patterns into mature patterns of thought.
- Grown-ups have their spiritual life in order. Immature people are obsessed with themselves and other’s thoughts and opinions of them. When we’re obsessed with ourselves, with our self-concept, and with how other people are going to perceive us, that is akin to being stuck at a teenage level of emotional maturity. To get our spiritual life in order, we need to have concern for something that’s beyond ourselves.
So How Do I Get My Life Together?
Of course you’re wondering “but HOW do I get my life together?” What do I need to do? The key is growth. Actual growth.
The key to finding meaning and joy in life is to grow ourselves up. It’s up to us to set our lives on a trajectory of growth. That takes genuine, deliberate effort. No one will make you do it.
The key to growing up is working on our mindset.
- We get our emotional life in order by… taking responsibility for our feelings and emotions, and by starting to make different choices.
- We get our psychological life in order by… learning to manage our anxieties, worries, and fears. (I’m speaking from experience…it IS possible to overcome these things!)
- We get our spiritual life in order by… moving past our own self-absorption, and working on our own personal growth.
Getting Life Together by Showing Up
What does getting life together look like? It looks like doing what you’re supposed to do with your life.
Do you know what you’re supposed to do with your life?
You show up to it!
You. Show. Up.
Show up in the world in a way that your grandchildren will talk about who you were.
Here’s my “How to Get Your Life Together” Book
You can grab your free copy of my “how to get your life together” book by registering for my one-time-only workshop called UNSTUCK: 5 Scripts to Flip Right Now to Stop Going Insane!
The live workshop is happening this Wednesday, September 30 at 11am ET and it will help you to grow stronger, more resilient and just plain old happier… switching out “broken” phrases on repeat in your head with scripts that actually elevate you – make life so much easier, more enjoyable and manageable, even when times are genuinely tough.
Learn 5 Mindset Hacks are totally doable, whatever you’re facing right now – and they will make a huge difference to your mood and day-to-day feelings (phew, this can get easier!)
Show Up. Grow Up. Get a Mindset Glow Up.