How To Ward Off Depression
Let’s talk depression.
First I want to say that I have gone through seasons where I needed professional help, and there’s absolutely no shame in that. If you feel you need some help, please don’t hesitate. It can make a world of difference.
But even if you’re not feeling clinically depressed, it’s common to go through seasons of feeling “the blues” or feeling down. Thankfully, there are some things we can do to help bolster our mood and help us feel better!
The following are 15 things that have helped me and my clients, perhaps these will help you too?
Even if you never get bluesy, these are tips I use on a regular basis to elevate my mood.
15 Things To Do When You’re Feeling Depressed
Express (Don’t Suppress)
Seek Professional Help
Do “The Work”
Get a Listening Partnership
Get Enough Sleep
Move Your Body
Find Something That Makes You Laugh
Check If You Need Supplements or a Dietary Change
Cleanse Your Mental Diet
Take a Break From Social Media
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about your biggest takeaway below in the comments. Take a selfie of you listening or a screenshot of the show, post it to Instagram stories, and tag me @parentingjunkie or feel free to DM me on Instagram, I try to reply to as many as I can!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? Subscribe here so that fresh episodes are delivered directly to you.
Those shiny 5-star ratings and sweet reviews have me all gushy, thank you. But more importantly, they help other parents discover the Parenting Junkie Show and spread the word about Loving parenting and Parenting from Love. If you have a moment to spare, those reviews mean the world to me, you can leave one here.
Want to connect to like-minded parenting junkies?
Join our (free & awesome) FB community Love Parenting with Avital.
Books about CBT:
- Cognitive Therapy and the Emotional Disorders by Aaron Beck
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns
- CBT Made Simple by Seth J. Gillihan (I haven’t read this…yet. It looks promising)
Books about mindset:
- Don’t Just Sit There!: 44 Insights to Get Your Meditation Practice Off the Cushion and Into the Real World by Biet Simkin
- Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabby Bernstein
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Esther & Jerry Hicks
- Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life by Wayne Dyer
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
Full Show Notes: https://www.theparentingjunkie.com/94