Help your children develop resiliency & anti-fragility
We don’t want our kids to be stressed, but I think it’s safe to say we all want our children to be able to handle stress.
In this episode I discuss ways to help develop resiliency and anti-fragility in your children so they’ll be prepared to handle the stress of the “real world.”
- [1:37] Giveaway winner!
- [4:43] Stress is inevitable.
- [7:15] Stress can be a positive thing.
- [10:37] Too much stress can be damaging.
- [12:42] Not enough stress can be damaging as well.
- [15:39] Definition of fragile, resilient, adaptive, & antifragility.
- [20:17] Don’t overprotect your children from information.
- [28:07] Don’t overprotect your children from social discomfort.
- [30:17] Don’t overprotect your children from risks.
- [33:27] Don’t overprotect your children in their relationships with other adults.
- [35:03] Don’t overprotect your children from their feelings.
- [38:41] Don’t overprotect your children from responsibility.
- [40:35] Share stories with your children (especially inspiring biographies).
- [42:37] Label your children as strong and resilient.
Links & Resources