How would you rate your relationship with your partner? Is it everything you dreamed of having? Or are you planning your escape?
Whether you’re miserable or fairly satisfied with your partnership, I’m here to tell you that it’s possible to have the relationship you’ve always wanted, EVEN if you’re ready to throw in the towel.
In this episode we’re going to discuss the 5 rungs of the “Partnership Ladder”, how you can assess where you’re at in 3 key areas of your relationship, and the mindset shift that needs to occur in order to climb the ladder.
- [05:16] Divorce/breaking up can often be avoided with intentional work on our part.
- [08:07] Let’s switch from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset regarding our relationship.
- [13:29] Key area number 1: Teamwork.
- [15:11] Key area number 2: Parenting styles.
- [16:56] Key area number 3: Connection.
- [18:09] The 5-step “Partnership Ladder.”
- [18:50] Rung 1: It’s miserable.
- [21:28] Rung 2: It’s stressful.
- [22:21] Rung 3: It’s manageable.
- [24:49] Rung 4: It’s satisfying.
- [26:22] Rung 5: It’s blissful.
- [32:54] The places where we have the least amount of energy and capacity are often the places that need it most.
- [33:26] Our partnership influences every other area of our lives (for better or worse).
- [36:53] Life isn’t a fairy tale. It won’t end happily ever after by chance. It’s takes work! But it is possible.
It’s important to assess where we are in each key area, and commit to getting to the next rung in at least 1 key area. If you adopt a growth mindset and put in the work, you’ll be well on your way to having the relationship you’ve always wanted!
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about your biggest takeaway. Take a selfie of you listening or a screenshot of the show, post it to Instagram stories, and tag me @parentingjunkie or feel free to DM me on Instagram, I try to reply to as many as I can!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? Subscribe here so that fresh episodes are delivered directly to you.
Those shiny 5-star ratings and sweet reviews have me all gushy, thank you. But more importantly, they help other parents discover the Parenting Junkie Show and spread the word about Loving parenting and Parenting from Love. If you have a moment to spare, those reviews mean the world to me, you can leave one here.
Want to connect to like-minded parenting junkies?
Join our (free & awesome) FB community Love Parenting with Avital.
My new eBook, The Ten Zen Secrets Of Persuasion.