When it comes to your relationship with your partner, do you ever feel like you’re just managing? Like you’re just roommates? You may even feel downright miserable.
If you’ve ever experienced disappointment, frustration, unmet expectations, loss of passion, mediocrity, or misery, you’re not alone! Many people have experienced this, including myself.
In this episode we’ll discuss how ignorance and the desire to maintain the status quo may be holding you back from your dream relationship.
- [05:17] Why I talk about partnering & relationships.
- [06:07] Is ignorance really bliss?
- [08:36] Staying ignorant keeps us stuck in place, stuck in the status quo, and holds us back from our hopes and dreams.
- [12:34] Ending the relationship is not your only option.
- [14:15] Feeling like there’s something missing and wanting more isn’t wrong and doesn’t mean you’re broken.
- [17:52] You can’t force someone else to change. The answer is to roll up our sleeves, get to work, and create the bliss we desire.
- [21:45] Either way you’re expending energy…you might as well put it into activities that will improve your relationship!
Redirect the energy you’re putting into staying unhappy to things that will move you forward. You’ll soon notice a difference and will build momentum in the right direction.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about your biggest takeaway. Take a selfie of you listening or a screenshot of the show, post it to instagram stories, and tag me @parentingjunkie or feel free to DM me on Instagram, I try to reply to as many as I can!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? Subscribe here so that fresh episodes are delivered directly to you.
Those shiny 5-star ratings and sweet reviews have me all gushy, thank you. But more importantly, they help other parents discover the Parenting Junkie Show and spread the word about Loving parenting and Parenting from Love. If you have a moment to spare, those reviews mean the world to me, you can leave one here.
Want to connect to like-minded parenting junkies?
Join our (free & awesome) FB community Love Parenting with Avital.
Download your FREE ebook: The Ten Zen Secrets Of Persuasion
Sign up for this Live Webinar – Feb 3, 2020 (sign up anyway to catch the replay)