Mindset is so important when it comes to growth, challenges, and the daily “grind.” In this episode I want to share a mindset shift that we can use to reframe the work it takes to create great relationships. And it comes from a surprising source…Michelangelo.
- [03:21] Our shortcomings can leave us feeling broken, overwhelmed, and frustrated.
- [05:55] Sometimes we look to others to model what we should do, and over-work ourselves trying to fit someone else’s mold.
- [10:27] Move toward a model that feels more organic and whole.
- [11:47] There’s a “power couple” inside of you and your partner.
- [13:49] We are “figures slumbering in the stone.”
- [14:34] Focus on chipping away at those things that don’t serve us.
- [16:53] You’re the sculptor. No one else can do it for you.
- [18:16] It’s more helpful to focus on what you need to take away vs. what you need to add.
- [22:10] Chip away at our “low vibe mindsets.”
- [23:52] Chip away at our toxic patterns and behaviors.
- [25:25] Chip away at our misaligned choices
When we start to chip away at these areas, we start to reveal our inner power couple. You’ll find that if you focus more on removing what doesn’t serve you, your relationships will transform and you’ll see real, lasting change.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about your biggest takeaway. Take a selfie of you listening or a screenshot of the show, post it to Instagram stories, and tag me @parentingjunkie or feel free to DM me on Instagram, I try to reply to as many as I can!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? Subscribe here so that fresh episodes are delivered directly to you.
Those shiny 5-star ratings and sweet reviews have me all gushy, thank you. But more importantly, they help other parents discover the Parenting Junkie Show and spread the word about Loving parenting and Parenting from Love. If you have a moment to spare, those reviews mean the world to me, you can leave one here.
Want to connect to like-minded parenting junkies?
Join our (free & awesome) FB community Love Parenting with Avital.
- Get my new [FREE] eBook, The Ten Zen Secrets Of Persuasion.