Do you ever feel depleted?
Do you struggle with feeling like you’re not good enough, or that you don’t measure up? There are so many different parenting philosophies out there:
Attachment, RIE, Simplicity, Unconditional, Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio, Gentle, Respectful, Conscious, Peaceful…
But which one is right for you?
- Every book, expert, & philosophy seems to contradict the others.
- It can make you feel like you don’t measure up when you can’t, or don’t, 100% follow a particular philosophy.
- Some of these groups can be so judgmental and unsupportive when you don’t fully stick to their philosophy.
- There’s so much out there and it’s hard to decide what will work for you.
The solution (and my philosophy)
Love parenting and parent from love.
- Parenting should be enjoyable.
- We should feel good about the way that we parent.
- No one benefits from you being a martyr (including your children).
- Not that it’s always easy. There are definitely hard times in parenting. But overall, you should not parent in a way that feels like constant suffering & misery.
- Design a life that you love.
- You could go through your entire life…many people have and are currently doing so…not enjoying life.
- Keep your cup full and spill out onto others.
- What would make parenting fun for you? Minimize/reduce/outsource as many of the negative things as possible.
Parent from Love
- When you’re truly motivated from a place of love & care, you’ll find the right words & actions (vs. operating out of fear or anger).
- Holding your goodness to light. Self-compassion. Do things that are kind. Trust your intuition. Break down old paradigms.
- Keep it flexible enough and use as a clear guideline. It liberates you from attachment parenting or from mainstream parenting. PERMISSION to LOVE parenting, permission to parent from LOVE.
Links & Resources:
- TheParentingJunkie.com/partners (Free Training)
- TheParentingJunkie.com/loveparenting (Facebook Group)