So many of us want to improve our relationship with our partner. The love, romance, and fun we once had evaporated when kids came along, and we’re left scratching our heads, wondering if we made a mistake or if we can ever get that back. I’m here to tell you that it’s possible! And that it’s normal to go through these seasons of challenges in a relationship.
In this episode I’m going to give you the blueprint from my Parent In Love course and give you some actionable steps you can take to make changes in your partnership, even if you don’t sign up for my course.
- [03:54] Why is it so hard to make your vision or dream for your relationship a reality?
- [06:30] Why I talk about improving our relationships.
- [12:26] It only takes one person to make significant changes in your relationship.
- [13:34] Step 1: Mindset
- [17:00] If you have any thoughts about leaving, that needs to be addressed first.
- [18:18] Step 2: Communication
- [23:52] Step 3: Teamwork
- [30:13] Step 4: Vision
- [31:56] Learn how our own childhood and past experiences influence our partnership and parenting.
- [34:48] Make time for some deep conversations.
- [35:34] Step 5: Connection
- [40:45] Step 6: Leadership (how we parent together)
If we don’t put some time and effort into changing ourselves, our partnership won’t change. Sure, our partners have things to work on…but so do we. And if we work on ourselves and how we react and respond, we’ll start to see changes in how our partner reacts and responds too. It only takes one person to make big changes in a partnership.
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about your biggest takeaway. Take a selfie of you listening or a screenshot of the show, post it to instagram stories, and tag me @parentingjunkie or feel free to DM me on instagram, I try to reply to as many as I can!
Are you subscribed to my podcast? Subscribe here so that fresh episodes are delivered directly to you.
Those shiny 5-star ratings and sweet reviews have me all gushy, thank you. But more importantly, they help other parents discover the Parenting Junkie Show and spread the word about Loving parenting and Parenting from Love. If you have a moment to spare, those reviews mean the world to me, you can leave one here.
Want to connect to like-minded parenting junkies?
Join our (free & awesome) FB community Love Parenting with Avital.