The 7 B’s of Attachment Parenting
I believe in a fluid, blended parenting style, not a dogmatic, one-size-fits-all approach.
Which is why I shy away from labeling myself a “this” parent or “that” parent.
Hey – I’m different every day, and my kids are too – so we have to do what works for us in the moment.
- After a great epidural experience with my first, I opted for a natural Birth (a hypnobirth, in fact, but more on that another time) the second and third time around and had a wonderful experience.
- I never expected to, but I love nursing and have Breastfed (and continue to) for longer than I expected.
- We have relied heavily on Baby carriers.
- We have co-slept (our Bedding choice) with all our babies.
- I also Believed in my baby’s cry, believing it’s always a form of communication.
- Whilst we’ve appreciate the advice of some Baby Trainers, we certainly strive for discernment when it comes to parenting advice, and reliance on our own intuition.
- And of course we always seek (the ever elusive) Balance!
To read more about how to BALANCE Attachment Parenting without loosing sight of your own self-care, make sure to read this next article.