Why We LOVE Our Indoor Swings
Swinging is calming, and it develops:
- Gross & fine motor skills
- Perceptual skills
- Core strength
- Spatial awareness
And swinging supports the orientation schema (if you haven’t heard of schemas in early childhood, check out my YouTube video “Schemas in Early Childhood“) and the vestibular system.
Whenever my kids are moody, they jump right on the swing and get some of their energy moving. We have a hook-up in their bedroom too, so if they both want to swing they can each grab one.
My favorite swing is the Raindrop Swing by Fun & Function* (Comes with a 360° Swivel).
*Use code JunkieLove for 15% OFF any swing! I am an affiliate and receive a small commission if you purchase at Fun & Function using these links and my code – so thank you!
I’ve received so many questions that I actually compiled all my answers into this handy PDF guide – click the button to download it for my recommendations and installation advice.
If you want to get a similar effect with less investment check out this cocoon swing, I honestly feel the quality of Fun And Function’s raindrop swing is worth the investment if you can swing it (sorry!) – we’ve had it for over 5 years of rough use and it looks brand new.
Here are some other swings that get a lot of use in our home:
- A surfboard swing from Fun & Function*
- A trapeze swing from Fun & Function*
- A rope ladder swing from Amazon
- Make sure there’s a large circumference of space around the swing, these swings move in 360-degree motion, not just forward and back.
- Decide where you’re storing the swing so that you don’t end up cluttering your space.
- Please take any safety precautions you see necessary, such as placing a mat under the swings or having your child wear a helmet (we don’t) if you think that’s appropriate. Again, I also recommend hooking up any swing with a 360-degree swivel so the swing maintains its proper shape.
Are you going to do this? I highly recommend it! I would love to see your indoor swings! Use @parentingjunkie on Instagram to show me yours!